Friday 27 June 2014

Rainbow blankets, yarn, project bags and one lonely chicken....

I bet you thought I'd disappeared again didnt you?! Still here I'm afraid ;)
The last couple of weeks have been a whirl of crafty activity ( no change there then) but I have had lots of projects that have all come together at once, shall we have a bit of a look...




This was my first big Ta-Da! A Rainbowish heirloom blanket! I love making these blankets, sorting through yarns to see what colours I have that would go next, adding a touch of sparkle to it here and there, and the lovely, heavy, reassuring weight of it when its all finished and the fabric is on. The response I have from the children is really nice too....'Ooooooh is it finished? Ooooh oh wow I love it! Can we keep it? Awwwww, I'll help model it, no I will!!'
So good to be appreciated.

There's been plenty of yarn dyeing too. This one is called Unicorn Splash ( as named by a facebook liker)




And heres some others .....



I'm starting to wonder if this clearly isn't the path for me as so far I want to keep everything I've made.

                              

I'm not too bad about keeping all of the teacups as I *may* have one or two teacups that i've already illustrated knocking the house , ahem. 
Determined to outsmart myself, i decided to make myself a project bag before I embarked on making more. The material for this is really special to me. It was in its previous reincarnation a little apron, that belonged to my very special and lovely Nana when she was little. Not being one for flowery aprons, it side stepped my Dad and made its way to meeeee. It was a fantastic accompaniment to *any* outfit, but met with some troubles along the way and lost its straps. So I decide to make it into a 'very useful and lovely project bag'.
Now my little slice of nostalgia can accompany me wherever I go.
And it also made me very marginally less wanty about these three little bags 
I do still obv have a few projects on the go- need something to put in my new bag, right?! One of them  being this something out of this amazing sparkliness
Which was the result of a yarn swap with a very special lady called Vanessa. She is over on Instagram @lynaiyarns ( incidentally I am @thecaptainandlovely - come and say hi, I LOVE instagram) 
Can you see what it is called? Its called Captain Lovely!! She named some yarn after me. Now I have to think of something truly brilliant to make with it ( probably a scarf/shawl knowing me)

And finally we had to say a goodbye to this cheeky hen 
Brooke, the brown one on the left, sadly died on Friday, she wasn't ill ( that we were aware of ) but had seemed tired for a while. So now we have one lonely little hen left, hopefully we will be getting her some friends soon as they like to have some chums around them. She is a very friendly and eager chicken, but with quite bossy tendencies, hopefully whatever other chicken we get will be able to hold their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment