Monday 2 November 2009

deeeelicious

Vegetables in ale with mustard dumplings.... Ox cheeks with mashed potatoes
Now normally you would have to haul me over hot coals to get me into a motorway service station restaurant..all those fast food , disposable , crappy , additive pumped , rubbish causing american style food chains leave me cold.
But... when we passed a certain newly refurbished roadside cafe, with a menu especially created by a certain well known 'chef' my curiousity got the better of me.
The food didn't disappoint it was lovely ( although without blowing my own trumpet it didn't seem like it would be completely out of my league to attempt to recreate it at home) And much better than the usual roadside microwaved rubbish. It was good value too when you consider what you were getting...but it was still right next to the motorway and it wasn't really that cheap so i shan't be leaving my lunch box at home just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment